Daily Prayer during COVID-19
Stay ALERT – Keep SAFE – ALL WILL BE
Following Government guidelines announced on Saturday 6 June, the Church of England has given permission for churches to re-open for private prayer only. All are most welcome.
Guidance for using church for private
prayer during Covid - 19 precautions
The following has been written to keep you and others safe
and to ensure you feel confident about entering St Mary’s. It will be so
tempting for us all, after being apart for so long, to turn a visit into a
social gathering but for the safety and privacy of all please do this safely
outside of the church building. We have made the church as welcoming as we all
remember it to be but, sadly, for safety reasons have had to restrict some
areas. We pray that you will find comfort and joy in being back in St Mary’s.
The church will be open from Monday 15th June daily
from 9am-4.30pm. Please follow the guidelines.
Before you leave home
- For everyone’s wellbeing it would be
appreciated if you do not come to church if you have any symptoms of Covid –
19. If you are unfortunate to display them at a later date, please let us
- Wash your hands thoroughly.
- As Bibles and prayer books won’t be
available then please bring any prayer aids you may need from home.
- Please bring your own drinks if needed.
As you arrive
- There will be one way in and one way out. Enter
via the North door.
- There will be a volunteer on duty, and you
should talk to them from a safe distance.
will have hand gel and wipes available.
- If you will feel more comfortable wearing a
mask and gloves, then we would ask that you bring your own from home.
- Please use the gel and take the wipe
with you to wipe any hard surface and kneeler you may have touched in your
- If there are too many people already
in the building you may be asked to wait until a space becomes available or to
come back later.
- You can then go to a pew of your choice,
remembering to keep a safe distance from anyone already in the church, where
you will find a blue kneeler on the seat which has been carefully placed to
maintain a safe distance from any other person.
- When leaving the pew use the wipe to clean
any hard surface and blue kneeler you may have touched. If you require any
assistance with this, please talk to the volunteer. Ensure you are alert to others
around you and keep safely distanced when leaving the pew.
- Return the wipe and place it in the
receptacle provided near to the South door.
Leaving the church
- Be aware of those around you and leave in a safely
distanced manner via the South Door after using the hand gel provided to
cleanse your hands.